department of mass communication
The Department of Mass Communication is offering ADP, BS Mass Communication, MPhil Mass Communication and MPhil Mass Communication Professional Track. Within a short course of time the department stepped forward and day by day is moving towards height of its excellence. Department of Mass Communication Lahore Leads University has pride to have its own cable/satellite TV channel and looking forward to establish a University Radio Station as well. So the students of Mass Communication have the opportunity and advantage of practical demonstration along with theoretical studies. Need based courses are designed for the students so that they could enable themselves to cope with the emerging media industry in Pakistan as well as the new communication technologies.
We envision to have a credible position among departments of mass communication in developing human capital by enhancing professional media acquaintance, skills, and expertise for competing in the growing media industry in Pakistan.
1.1. DEPARTMENT MISSION
The Department of Communication and Mass Media’s mission is to provide excellence in teaching, research, creative endeavor, and supportive services; and educational plans consistently to meet the changing necessities of understudies; provide a professional environment in the organization with the use of you-tube channel, TV and News Studio; Publications, Advertising, and Public Relation expertise; entice and keep good students; occupy leadership positions in professional organizations and make a visible appearance as professionals.
- Theoretical and general understanding to explore how the concepts, constructs, and principles are interrelated in the field of communication
- Students will also be able to demonstrate competency in oral, written, and visual communication.
- Develop an understanding of, and ability to, work productively in teams using acquired knowledge gained in their communication field
- Demonstrating their competency in critically analyzing communication problems from multiple and diverse perspectives
- Ability to understand, examine, and acknowledge the situations of cultural experiences, conflicting opinions, and viewpoints on issues and ethical dilemmas.
- To provide high-quality academic support to strengthen Journalism and Media Studies and related applied areas, focus on the provision of a broad, innovative, and quality education in all areas of journalism
- To develop critical thinking in students to identify communication barriers in the communication process