department of islamic studies
To realize its academic mission in letter and spirit, Lahore Leads University has developed its distinguished Department of Islamic Studies. With luminaries and intellectuals as its faculty members, the university is running M. Phil. Islamic Studies program successfully.
We aim to achieve a leading role among the Islamic Studies Departments of the public and private sector Universities of Pakistan.
We are devoted to promote collaborative and collegial interdisciplinary teaching learning and research culture in the University.
- To inculcate in the research scholars’ ability to solve current problems under the guidelines of the holy Qur’an and Hadith.
- To comprehend the philosophies of education and their applications in today’s teaching, management and learning environment
- To provide to establish liaison between society and teacher and enhance their role and impact on each other
- To help students attain deeper understanding of curriculum design and curriculum revision to meet the national standards
- To enable students to use the Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Instructional technology in teaching and learning process.
- To enable students to speak, read and write various languages for the propagation of Islamic teachings.
- To help students getting deeper knowledge in their areas of specialization courses. Fundamentals of Uloom ul Quran, Uloom ul Hadith, Islamic Economics and Muslim Jurisprudence for achieving excellence in society.
- To make Students competent School and college administrators with sound knowledge, understanding, skills, and ability to apply various leadership theories .
- To enable students, utilize skills and expertise in developing procedures and systems to assess students’ learning and to involve community effectively in learning and administrative affairs.
- To help Students learn communication skills and ethical knowledge.
- To create understanding of Islam, Contemporary challenges faced by the Muslim Ummah.
- To contribute the development of students for quality research in various disciplines of Islamic Studies.
- To formulate a tolerant group of women religious leaders of society.
- To devise analytical skills for problem solving in religious manner.