Lahore Leads University shines again at the world stage!
Ms. Jawaria Abbas, a student of MS Information Technology has recently secured top position in the 2018 Huawei ICT Skill Middle East Competition held at Huawei headquarters in Shenzhen, China. She represented Pakistan in the competition after securing 1st position in Pakistan among more than 100 students from various universities around the country. She received her award from President Dr. Arif Alvi at a ceremony held at the HEC Secretariat in Islamabad on 5th April 2019.
Ms. Jawaria demonstrated proficiency in the following skill sets to get to clinch the top prize:
• Physical connectivity of devices
• Layer 2 configurations (VLAN, Link Aggregation, STP and Layer 2 gateway load balancing means VRRP)
• Layer 3 Configuration (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, RIP)
• Security (Configuration of Firewall Zones, Firewall High Availability, Restricted Security Policies)
• Devices Management (Configuration of ACL, Telnet, SNMP, BFD)
• Wireless (Configuration of Access Point through Access Controller and Access Controller High Availability, Channel Optimization)
• Virtualization (Spun UP VM on Huawei Virtualization platform named as Fusion Compute, Hard Drive resizing, Configuration of virtual networks)
She has earned 12 highly sought after certifications on various technologies offered by Microsoft and Huawei. Jawaria will now participate in the Huawei ICT Global Final to be held in China with other regional winners from around the world.